- March 25, 2015
- By ahmed
- In Belts, Oils
- Tags Brakes, Oils
did you research: reasons a car won’t start
We hope this helps!
‘Don’t stress it a lot of people go through the trauma of my car cranks but won’t start? our article below can surely assist you in diagnosing a non-starting car. Please go through the steps carefully and don’t simply assume the issue. sometimes the smallest things could be at play such as a loose wire or a little old fuse. we hope we can be of use to you today ! if at any point you cant manage were right heard waiting to assist you.
1. Bad Battery–
A dead battery is often the reason your car won’t start. Your battery can die from several reasons (a few common ) reasons ;
- did you leave a light on for a while maybe?
- is your battery dead? it should be around 12. Volts
- a wire is loose, (maybe loose battery cable)
- poor connectivity at battery ground
- Possibly it’s simply a really old battery!
- Give your car a boost and if it starts its highly likely that the battery is the problem. HAVE IT CHANGED!
- Consider replacing the battery, cleaning the battery terminals, use a battery acid neutralizer or have an expert look at it by Booking an appointment with us !
- If the car doesn’t start to keep diagnosing ! to step 2
2. Damaged Ignition Switch –
So if you boost your car and the battery is good, but your car doesn’t start over after a few attempts, then you might have a problem with the ignition switch. You can try to narrow down the cause of your issue by turning on your headlights. Because the battery controls your headlights and dashboard lights, if they turn on the ignition, but your engine won’t start, a bad ignition switch could be the problem. have an expert look at it by Booking an appointment with us !
3. Bad Starter–
A broken starter Motor is another common reason your car won’t start. the starter provides the turning force necessary to get the engine moving to start the car. If you hear a clicking noise when you try to start your vehicle, a broken or weakened starter could be the issue. have an expert look at it by Booking an appointment with us !
4. blocked Fuel Filter–
checked if you got fuel delivery? If your fuel filter is clogged up, Gas won’t reach the engine. Fuel filters should be changed around 10,000 KM to 15,000 KM, so consider changing filters. have an expert change it by Booking an appointment with us !
5. No Gas in Tank –
Sometimes we all forget! If you were running on gas vapour and forgot to refuel, your car probably won’t have the juice to start. hmm if this is the issue then you need to properly clean a container that is gas safe and head on over to the gas station.
If your issue is non if these then no issue we are ready to help at no cost over the phone and more so over our website chat feature. simply tell us your issue.
6. bad alternator
a bad alternator will cause the battery to take up some load. this will happen over a period of time till the cat won’t start. the weaker the alternator the more it depends on the battery. it won’t charge the battery efficiently. finally, the battery is dead. at this point, both the battery and the alternator need to be tested.
- a good alternator charging voltage is 14.2 Volts
- Battery voltage when off should be 12.6 Volts
we hope this post helped you. please leave a comment if we fixed your issue. thanks!